Welcome to the Amboise campsite...
Located between the two branches of the Loire, the campsite of l'Ile d'Or offers a unique setting where nature and history have combined for your pleasure. A stone’s throw from the tranquility of the island to the bustling city, which used to be the Royal City. You may even feel the spirit of our kings or of Leonardo da Vinci! In the heart of the Loire Valley, opposite the Royal Castle and not far from the Clos Lucé (last home of Leonardo da Vinci), the site of Amboise is a very special place for your vacation.
You can enjoy many activities near the campsite, including the summer swimming pool and its water slide, mini golf (free for campers at certain times), tennis courts, but also a playground for children, a canoeing club, table tennis, sports fields, a fitness circuit, a bicross/mountain bike circuit.
Less than 10 kms from the campsite, you will find the Pagoda of Chanteloup, marvel at the Loire fish in the Touraine Aquarium or at the miniature reproductions of the Loire Châteaux in the park of mini-castles.
Overview of the campsite
Spanning an area of 3 hectares, the local campsite of Amboise, rated 2 stars, has 291 sites, mostly shaded and very spacious to accommodate tents, caravans and motorhomes (with the exception of double axles). Campers have the option of having a plot with or without electricity (10 amps). The size and layout of the land can accommodate groups with a booking, while offering individuals the island serenity.
Our friendly staff is expecting you and can help you settle in, and is also at your disposal during the office hours indicated below.
The bar-restaurant of l'Ile d'Or, situated near the office, offers musical activities as well as meals to eat in or to take away.
Hikers this is for you!
The campsite reserves you
► Three tents equipped for 4 to 6 people
- NEW! The beds are made upon arrival.
- 3 Comfortable tents, on floor, and, compartmentalized.
- 2 or 3 bedrooms depending on the capacity of the tent (4 or 6 people). They are equipped with 1 double bed and 2 or 4 single beds with duvets and pillows.
- Fully equipped kitchenette (electric or gas hob, coffee maker, cutlery, refrigerator)...
- Table and chairs.
- Electricity included.
- Access to the sanitary facilities of the campsite (About 150m).
► A Bivouac tent on stilts
- For 2 people maximum.
- It is unfurnished (no mattress) and without electricity (forbidden for children under 6 years old).
- Table and benches in the lower part (under the structure), partially sheltered.
- Suitable for hikers who do not wish to pitch their tent.
Summer 2018 on video!
A bit further out, you can explore the castles of Chenonceau, Chaumont-sur-Loire, Cheverny, Chambord, and many more!
It is also an ideal starting point for discovering the Loire by bike as well as the landscapes of the Loire which are listed World Heritage by UNESCO.