Local campsite of l’Ile d'Or in Amboise
is now closed
Opening on the 26th of
Overview of the campsite
Spanning an area of 3 hectares, the local campsite of Amboise, rated 2 stars, has 291 sites, mostly shaded and very spacious to accommodate tents, caravans and motorhomes (with the exception of double axles). Campers have the option of having a plot with or without electricity (5 amps = 1100 watts). The size and layout of the land can accommodate groups with a booking, while offering individuals the island serenity.
For your convenience, the site provides all the necessary equipment: 2 toilet blocks (with showers and toilets with access for people with reduced mobility), washing machine and ironing board as well as WIFI. A drainage area is also available for the owners of motorhomes (drainage, water overflow and chemical toilets) and for travelers. This area is free of charge for the residents of the campsite.
The campsite reserves you a location with all the necessary comfort up to 6 people:
Three equipped tents
- 3 comfortable tents for 4 or 6 persons, divided and equipped with a floor. (1 for 4, and 2 for 6 people)
- 2 or 3 rooms according to the capacity of the tent (4 or 6 people). Equipped with 1 or 2 double beds and 2 or 4 single beds with covers and pillows (not included sheets).
- Kitchen area any outing (electric plates, barkeeper, flatware, refrigerator) ...
- Table and chairs
- Electricity ...
Sanitaries at about 150m
A tent on piles for 2 people (unfurnished, no mattress, no electricity), for the walkers or bikers who do not wish to get their tent up...
Access by a ladder.
Benches and table under the structure, semi sheltered.
Our friendly staff is expecting you and can help you settle in, and is also at your disposal during the office hours indicated below.
In July and August, a hostess entertains your children at certain times of the day. Once or twice a week, activities for children and adults are suggested in the early evening.
The bar-restaurant of l'Ile d'Or, situated near the office, offers musical activities as well as meals to eat in or to take away.
Map of the campsite of l’Ile d’Or
Opening period : 26 March to 05 October
- Office hours:
- From March 26th to June 14th : 10:00 to 12:00 am and 1.30 to 7.00 pm
- From June 15th to 30th : 08:30 am to 8:30 pm
- From July 1st to August 31st : 7.00 am to 9.00 pm
- From September 01st to october 04th : 10:00 to 12:00 a.m and 1.30 to 7.00 p.m (closing on the 05th of october at 12.00 a.m).
TOURNAMENT ULTIMATE FRISBEE
The tournament of ultimate Frisbee will take place from 21 till 23 June 2019 on the Île d'Or, next to the campsite
This event may generate noise on the campsite.